PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern. More info.
These pants feature a rear panel with lots of room for diapered bottoms! They are designed to fit over cloth diapers but work great over disposable diapers too. Variations include a ruffled rear panel and fold-over cuffs.
This 16-page sewing pattern eBook (PDF) includes:
- six sizes from newborn to 2T.
- suggestions on how to get the right fit for babies of all sizes/diaper types.
- hints on how to adjust the pants as your baby grows.
thorough step-by-step instructions with full-color photographs, and plenty of tips and hints.
- full-sized pattern pieces including seam allowances.
Instant Download: This digital eBook pattern + license will be sent to your e-mail address via instant download link as soon as payment is received. More info.
You will need:
- 3/4 yard woven fabric (2/3 yard needed for 6-12 months; 1/2 yard needed for 0-3 and 3-6 month sizes)
- 1/2″ elastic for waistband
- marking pen
- safety pin or bodkin
- Optional: 1/4 yard of contrasting fabric for rear panel and cuff
Recommended Fabrics: woven fabric such as quilting cotton, linen, flannel, corduroy, lawn, or twill.