PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern. More info.
This breezy top or dress is a quick warm-weather sew! The Bianca pattern features a notched neckline and a flattering gathered waist. Variations include a choice of elastic casing or shirring at the waist, and options for either closed side seams or side vents.
This 37-page sewing pattern eBook (PDF) includes:
six women's sizes from XS to XXL.
thorough step-by-step instructions with diagrams, full-color photographs, and plenty of tips and hints.
- tips for sewing your Bianca with contrasting facings on the outside of the garment.
- a section on simple pattern adjustments to help you to achieve the perfect customized fit.
- a special two-page “Seam Finishes Appendix” with instructions for my favorite seam finishes.
- a printable instruction summary sheet.
- full-sized pattern pieces (including seam allowances) in both print-at-home and copy shop formats.
Instant Download: This digital eBook pattern will be sent to your e-mail address via instant download link as soon as payment is received. More info.
You will need:
- Woven or knit fabric (see recommendations and yardage chart below).
- For elastic at waist (choose one): 1 yard 1/4″- or 3/8″-wide elastic for elastic casing OR elastic thread for shirring.
- 1/3 yard lightweight or featherweight fusible interfacing, recommended for fabrics with a lot of drape (rayon challis), stretch (knits), or a loose weave (linen, shot cotton, double gauze).
- Coordinating thread
Size Chart & Finished Measurements
Recommended Woven Fabrics: lightweight cotton and linen blends such as voile, rayon challis, shot cotton, shirting, double gauze, lawn, and broadcloth. Bianca is especially flattering when made with fabrics that have a nice drape!
Recommended Knit Fabrics: choose a stable knit such as interlock or jersey with less than 30% stretch. [Note: To check stretch, cut a 10" long strip of knit, cutting across the width of the fabric (this is the direction of most stretch) and stretch it as far as it will comfortably stretch. A knit with 30% or less stretch will stretch to no more than 13" total].