PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern. More info.
This 23-page sewing pattern eBook (PDF) includes:
A great, basic beginner's dress or top for woven fabrics! Ruby features a contrast yoke and gathers for a comfortable and flattering fit without the need for bust darts, zippers, or closures. Armholes and neckline are bias-bound for an easy finish.
six women's sizes from XS to XXL.
thorough step-by-step instructions with diagrams, full-color photographs, and plenty of tips and hints.
- a special two-page “Seam Finishes Appendix” with instructions for my favorite seam finishes.
- a printable instruction summary sheet.
- full-sized pattern pieces (including seam allowances) in both print-at-home and copy shop formats.
Instant Download: This digital eBook pattern will be sent to your e-mail address via instant download link as soon as payment is received. More info.
You will need:
- Woven fabric for dress and contrast fabric for yoke (see chart below for amounts)
- 1/4"-wide double-fold bias tape, prepackaged (or instructions provided to cut your own)
- Coordinating thread
Size Chart* & Finished Measurements
*Note: The Upper Bust and Bust measurements are the most important for getting the right fit. More guidance for adjusting the fit is provided in the pattern.
Recommended Fabrics: For the most flattering fit, we recommend lighter fabrics with drape such as linen and rayon challis for the main body of the dress/top. Try experimenting with cotton prints, eyelet, or even lace for the yoke.